Sandra HappyGirl

September Tango - Scarlett Jade,  Llerxt the 13th Almost 3 stars, so I rounded up. This book has a lot of great reviews, but for me.. it fell a little short of being really good. Don't get me wrong, it has potential, it's but not quite there. This book has details, many details - there's a lot of scenes with small, mostly useless details that I felt were just padding the page number count, slowed down the pacing of the book, and made it difficult for me to get through parts of it.

Calvin was a nice hero, great family. Zoe was nice enough, and she had been dealt a crappy hand in life, especially in a short amount of time, but I didn't warm up to her.

The gimmick, (ok maybe gimmick isn't the right word), the novelty, or uniqueness with this book is the hero's POV is written by a male, the heroine's POV is written by a female and these co-authors are married, they're also an interracial couple as are the H and h. There isn't much conflict dealing with that, in fact only one scene, if I recall correctly, and Calvin deals with it before it can become a problem. Maybe I'm naive or oblivious, but I'm not really sure I would have realized they were an interracial couple if I didn't know before I started reading the book. For a young mixed couple living in the south, I think they were doing ok in terms of acceptance but I think it helped living in their hometown. I thought there might be more conflict with this issue, but there really wasn't ok, there was an obnoxious ex

There's insta love to this romance story, and the ending felt rushed, but it also felt like a set-up for another book. I don't think it's a cliff-hanger per se, but the authors have left the door open for more story.. either for this couple or for a secondary character to get their own book. I would have been quite happy with an epilogue.. I do love me an epilogue.. but I'll settle for a follow-up novella because I'm curious about "where to from here" for Calvin and Zoe, but theirs isn't a story I'd pay a lot of cold hard cash for.

The Marriage Committee (The Texas Brides, Book Ii)
Catherine Snodgrass
His Brother's Wife
Lily Graison
Freeing
E.K. Blair
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley